VPC seeks a Data Analyst to provide additional insights and visibility into all aspects of our voter registration and vote-by-mail programs. Your domain expertise and analytic skills will be vital to the success of VPC’s voter outreach programs; you will be responsible for answering questions about our datasets quickly and accurately, with the ability to communicate where the analysis is incomplete.
You recognize that the real world is messy, and know how to clean and organize data to make work easier for your colleagues and the community. You might have some ideas for data sources we’ve never looked at before — or never examined at scale. At VPC, you will have the opportunity to work on projects that reach millions of voters, at a time where mail is more important than ever. We can’t do it without you.
This role could be based out of our Washington DC office or remote for the duration of the cycle.
- Have exceptionally strong communications skills.
- Have previous experience crafting narratives from unstructured data.
- Have previous experience in political data.
- Have previous experience in civic engagement, organizing or political campaigns.
- Have deep experience in SQL.
- Have previously worked with the voter file.
- Have previous experience with Catalist systems.
- Have previous experience in one of the following: Python, R, Stata.
- Have previous experience in Tableau or another reporting framework.
- Have previous experience with statistical methods in the context of political campaigns.
Organization Description For the last 17 years, the Voter Participation Center (VPC), a 501(c)(3) civic engagement organization, has led the way in recognizing and harnessing the potential power of the Rising American Electorate (RAE) – unmarried women, people of color, and young people – as a vital voting bloc. VPC has positioned itself as the leading experimental and scientific civic engagement organization by accumulating more than a decade’s worth of knowledge and experience in registering and turning out the new majority of eligible voters. VPC’s programs have consistently proven to be some of the most impactful and cost-effective programs—and to date VPC has registered almost 4 million Americans to vote. VPC continues to innovate with its approach and techniques to impact greater civic engagement, registration, and turnout.
The Center for Voter Information (CVI) is a separate but affiliated progressive 501(c)(4) nonprofit that works to engage and persuade both the RAE as well as the broader electorate. Salary range for this position is $65,000-$75,000/yr. To apply, email resume, cover letter and at least two professional references to email@example.com. References are not contacted until you are notified.
Location: Washington, DC or remote