Minnesota Youth Collective is seeking a Data Manager to manage and maintain mission-focused databases, support data needs for organizing, collect data for regular reporting, and help develop unified reporting and analysis. We’re looking for an organized and driven individual to create and strengthen data systems, provide training and one-on-one support for staff, and provide reports and data visualization to illustrate the work of the organization. The incoming Data Manager will join a growing team and help raise and organize important resources and data so our team is able to throw down and win in 2020 and beyond. The preference is for a candidate based in the Twin Cities or elsewhere in Minnesota, although we are open to candidates working remotely. This is a full-time position that will report directly to the Executive Director.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Manage and administer various volunteer and voter tools (e.g. VAN, Every Action, ThruText, ThruTalk, Empower, Reach, ActBlue,etc.)
- Track programmatic progress to goals to provide actionable information to others in the organization
- Create reports to help leadership make real time decisions about how to shift program
- Provide training and support across the organization to implement data processes
- Work with state partners to ensure efficient use of resources
- Proactively suggest improvements for data processes
- Other duties as the organization grows
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (IF YOU DON’T HAVE EVERY ONE OF THESE, PLEASE STILL APPLY!)
- Have at least one cycle of political experience (not necessarily in a data role)
- Past experience with tools like VAN, EveryAction, ThruText, ThruTalk, Empower, Reach, ActBlue (or tools like them)
- Have used Civis Platform before and/or know some SQL, R, or Python
- Comfortable with translating data findings for a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, anti-oppression, and undoing institutional racism
- A self-starter, comfortable with taking initiative and ownership over projects
- Ability to multitask, and know when to ask for help
- Creative and flexible, able to think outside the box and react to situations quickly
- Willing to work irregular hours when necessary
- Interest in developing the leadership of young people in an intentional way
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
- Highly organized (seriously), detail oriented, and a relentless focus on results. Proven ability to effectively and independently manage projects.
- Ability and desire to take on organizational priorities, unexpected projects, and to adapt as responsibilities and circumstances change.
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a diverse range of people.
- Has a track record of working with diverse stakeholders, a desire to lift up leadership of young people of color, and a personal understanding and commitment to social justice and equity.
Location: Twin Cities or elsewhere in Minnesota, although open to candidates working remotely