Datapraxis works to help democracy flourish. Our partners include leading progressive parties, non-profits and research institutes across Europe. Our work combines expertise in strategy, research, data science and modelling, message-testing, campaigns and digital engagement.
We are currently looking for experienced strategists and analysts to join our team. For the Senior Strategist/Analyst role, we are looking for candidates with a combination of strategic and analytical capabilities, as well as project management skills. This role is likely to involve direct contact with clients, and lead responsibility for executing analytical or strategic projects which combine cutting-edge research and data analysis with a broader understanding of the political, social and messaging contexts. (Exact title for this role will be confirmed based on the level of the appointment and the exact focus of its responsibilities.)
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery. We want to encourage people from a diversity of backgrounds and with a diversity of experiences to apply.
The core responsibilities of this role will include:
- Analysing research and data to produce reports and other products
- Delivering project research and analytics of the highest quality, and working with colleagues to ensure excellent and timely work that meets our partners’ needs;
- Making strategic recommendations based on these findings;
- Creating reports and presentations which support client or organisational needs
- Client engagement and project management and delivery
- Managing a portfolio of client relationships, including project design, management, delivery, monitoring and evaluation
- Where appropriate, supporting business development - working with colleagues in new client outreach plans and follow up, writing proposals and updating materials.
- Contributing to the design and/or commissioning of research and analytics programmes
- Helping to develop project and programme strategy for a mix of clients, internal projects and longer-term, multi-country and multi-year research and development work;
- Contributing to the design, development and/or delivery of our repertoire of research and analytics components;
- Working with a range of internal colleagues, fieldwork partners and external data analysts to help ensure that Datapraxis is deploying a diversity of research approaches which are appropriate to different projects, needs, budgets and country contexts.
Depending on the interests, experience and skillset of the candidate, this role could also include work in the following areas:
- Data visualization - exploring new and interesting ways to visualise and explore data, and conceiving and/or producing accessible and attractive data visualisations;
- Programming analytics and modelling - while this is not an essential part of this role and much of this work will be conducted by other analysts and data scientists, we are very open to candidates with hard programming and modelling skills;
- Data acquisition and data centre development - potential for some involvement in data acquisition, and feeding into the work done being done by our data engineering team on integration of techniques into our data centre and the development of new uses for our data centre assets;
- Message development, testing and strategy;
- Relationship-building, networking and contribution to the development of communities of practice;
- Conducting strategic scoping studies or context assessments across a range of different countries;
- Communications work, including writing, presenting, storytelling, social media, website and branding.
Requirements Essential skills and capabilities:
- Experience in writing data-oriented reports, and of engaging with clients or stakeholders about the outcomes;
- High levels of numeracy, and the ability to identify key insights from complex quantitative data;
- Good strategic judgment and an understanding of relevant social and political dynamics;
- Experience with projects which involve work with clients or delivering for partners;
- High levels of proficiency with Excel/GoogleSheets and Powerpoint/GoogleSlides;
- Ability to communicate in non-technical jargon, and/or readiness to learn to do so.
Other skills and experience that we would be interested in (optional):
- Experience in successful project management of research or analytics projects;
- Proficiency in one or more European languages;
- Some knowledge or understanding of the political context in European countries;
- Experience of psephology and social & political data (including non-polling data) - at minimum, an interest in these is required;
- Understanding of natural language processing and the mechanics of predictive modelling and complex analytics;
- Understanding of social media and social listening data and how it can be analysed;
- Experience of data visualisation;
- Experience of data acquisition and/or work with “open data”.
Culture and behaviour:
- Sympathetic to the mission and aims of the company;
- Creativity and curiosity about new approaches;
- Enjoy sharing and fostering understanding in others;
- A commitment to high standards of ethics in personal behaviour, business and data, and to consistently being a good ambassador for the organisation;
- Willingness to pitch in and get things done, and comfort working in a small, fast-growing start up that punches well above its weight.
Salary: Not Listed
Location: Not Listed