The National Democratic Redistricting Committee is seeking a Targeting Analyst to assist our team on data, targeting and analytical needs for the upcoming redistricting process. The Targeting Analyst will serve a vital role in ensuring that data is an essential component of the decision-making of the NDRC and affiliated organizations.
- Clean and synthesize large datasets including Census products; draw conclusions from data and explain findings to non-technical audiences through written reports and presentations
- Analyze poll data to advance political and advocacy objectives. Work with external consultants to ensure the on-time delivery of dozens of polls at one time
- Build contact reports and evaluate volunteer recruitment programs using VAN and the Catalist platform
- Create and advise on direct voter contact universes for any paid communications programs. Export and format lists as needed
- Collaborate with other departments to provide relevant analysis on historical election results and voting trends in multiple states. – Other duties as needed
- At least 1-2 cycles of campaign experience are required
- Prior data, targeting, or statistics experience is also required. This is not an entry-level position.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must; familiarity with large scale relational databases or statistics software is helpful but not required
- Advanced proficiency with web-based voter file platforms such as VAN, Catalist, or PDI
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: polling and survey research, SQL, field reporting and program evaluation, direct voter contact universe creation, precinct and individual-level modeling, data visualization
- A demonstrated ability to present data-driven recommendations to a wide range of stakeholders in a clear and persuasive manner
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment
Salary: Not Listed
Location: Not Listed