Sunrise Movement is dedicated to stopping climate change and creating millions of good jobs in the process, by building an army of young people to make climate change an urgent priority across America, end the corrupting influence of fossil fuel executives on our politics, and elect leaders who stand up for the health and wellbeing of all people. In November 2018, following our 6-month 75-person electoral organizing fellowship, Sunrise Semester, we launched the campaign for a Green New Deal alongside Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. In 2019, Sunrise has continued fighting for a Green New Deal and elevating the urgency of climate change in the public and the media. Sunrise Movement Education Fund (501c3) and Sunrise (501c4) are organizations dedicated to supporting the mobilization and leadership of Sunrise Movement.
Position/ Role Description
The Electoral Data Coordinator will provide key data wrangling and engineering for Sunrise’s electoral organizing. The Coordinator will work closely with the Data Director to pull, wrangle, clean, and push lists in accordance with Sunrise’s list targeting strategy for our phone & text banking and postcard programs . The Coordinator will also be responsible for managing the data produced by our text and phone banks, including event sign ups and call/text analytics, in coordination with Sunrise’s volunteer phone and text banking data team. This management involves ensuring all data syncs into our data warehouse, Civis, and integrates into our central electoral tracking efforts.
- Lead the list pulls for all phone, text, and postcard campaigns, including having a deep understanding of the voter file, cleaning and wrangling data, and setting up lists correctly in our texting and phone platforms
- Manage the volunteer phone and text banking data team to ensure all data engineering and analysis is integrated into Sunrise’s data pipelines and workflows
- Manage the back end data pipeline from text and phone banking platforms to our data warehouse, Civis (Redshift)
- Assist in managing the postcard tracking Google spreadsheet and provide technical support to the Program Manager
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on low-income and communities of color and how this might relate to our voter contact strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
Nice to have but not necessary
- Experience running data in at least 1 election cycle
- Experience managing data teams or volunteer teams
- Familiarity with any of the following technologies: Civis, ThruTalk, Spoke, Strive, or Empower
- At least 1 year of experience with Python
- Familiarity with Parsons
- Familiarity with the Target Smart voter file and its models
Salary: $36,000 - $55,000 annual salary with an additional $10K ($55,000-$65,000) for staff who are financially supporting their family member(s)