The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA) is the nation’s leading voice for respect, recognition and labor standards for nannies, housecleaners and home care workers. Through leadership development, strategic campaigns and alliance building, we are raising employment standards for the domestic workforce while building a powerful movement for social and global justice.
NDWA’s Member Engagement team is responsible for national communications directly to domestic workers, for designing opportunities for workers to participate in our campaigns and alliance remotely, and for supporting digital engagement for local initiatives across the country. The Member Engagement Data Strategist will be responsible for consolidating our data, maintaining reliable data sets across our various digital organizing tools, improving our data management systems to allow us to operate at scale as we grow, and providing strategic recommendations based on data analysis. They will also support our organizing team by providing segmented lists of workers, creating reports, tracking and identifying trends, monitoring and building data pipelines, and identifying needed automations.
- Manage, consolidate and synthesize data for engaging and organizing nannies, house cleaners and care workers across various digital tools, platforms and databases.
- Segment lists based on location, demographics, entry point, engagement level and other factors for various campaigns
- Support and execute the development and implementation of naming conventions, tags, source code hierarchies, and organizational practices to maintain and strengthen data quality and opportunities for meaningful analysis
- Improve data quality and capture of digital engagement by working across the field team and other digital teams
- Plan out and build a scalable reporting and dashboard system that unifies data from multiple systems to track a worker’s digital and field experience across various channels and online tools
- Work with our Tech Team to create and implement data pipelines to consolidate and utilize data for reporting and analysis
- Develop reports and analysis for teams across the field and other teams to support and understand worker engagement
- Support testing and optimization analysis, reporting, and planning processes to ensure that our digital organizing work is data informed and reflects worker’s digital experience
- Write, maintain and monitor scripts and leverage integrations of disparate systems to ensure that data is consistently moving across platforms and up to date.
- Upload lists, track data entry points, shift and segment data and support automation of data
- Commitment to NDWA’s mission and commitment to organize and grow our movement of domestic workers
- At least 2 years experience conducting data management in an organizing or campaigning context
- Familiarity with SQL databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, Civis, redshift others)
- Familiarity with EveryAction, Periscope and other digital tools.
- Familiarity with program universe creation for organizing and engagement
- Familiarity with optimization testing principles
- Proficient at using data and analytics to evaluate performance and track goals
- Comfort writing formulas and manipulating spreadsheets to analyze datasets
- Capacity to explain complicated analysis to staff and stakeholders with limited experience with data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000