VoteTripling.org is a progressive voter turnout organization and political action committee (PAC). In 2018 and 2019, we designed, tested and disseminated a free behavioral science-based tactic that sparks Democrats to get their friends to vote (see below for description of tactic). In 2020, our work is centered on disseminating this tactic as broadly as possible in swing states via providing free and in-depth trainings and technical support to progressives on the implementation of this technique. In 2020, we will support dozens of national- and state-level independent expenditures and political campaigns. Our ambition is to increase adoption of vote tripling enough to produce a boost in turnout to flip a 2020 swing state.
Classic Vote Tripling: Vote tripling is the new & improved commit to vote (CTV) pledge. Instead of just asking voters to pledge that they will vote, this GOTV tactic also gets them to pledge to mobilize three friends. Through SMS and phone banking outreach, campaigns and voter turnout organizations can get tens of thousands of non-activists to pledge to vote triple. Our 2018 test finds vote tripling boosts turnout inexpensively and, because of its simplicity, scales far faster than other friend-to-friend GOTV programs.
Polling Place Vote Tripling (PPVT): Polling place tripling is a voter turnout program where canvassers intercept voters as they leave their polling place and ask them to immediately remind three friends to vote. Our test found this tactic led to a seven percentage point boost in voter turnout.
JOB DESCRIPTION The Data & Analytics Director will plan and execute a strategic data-driven program which prioritizes the targeting and optimization of Early Vote and Election Day polling locations in key states to vastly scale PPVT via paid canvassing and national voter turnout IE partners.
- Targeting: develop criteria for selecting highest-yield PPVT locations based on existing studies and field tests, additional data inputs, and the changing COVID voting landscape.
- Reporting: build and maintain daily, weekly and monthly automated reports and dashboards in line with key programmatic priorities; provide analysis/projections to inform strategic decisions
- Collect raw and historical political and voting data from SOS offices, County Boards of Elections and other public sources, providing timely and relevant analysis of data, including early vote turnout, mail in ballot requests/submissions, and other relevant data.
- Contribute to overall programmatic strategy as part of the IE leadership team, and serve as an ambassador to stakeholders for the campaign’s analytics research and results
- 1-2 campaign cycles at Data Director level (minimum 1 electoral campaign), including targeting, report-building and analytics experience
- Advanced knowledge of VAN/Votebuilder at the administrative level
- Proficiency in a variety of software/programming languages such as Excel, Google Suite, SQL, Tableau, Python, QGIS, STATA, and/or R
- Experience with voter targeting models; knowledge of data vendors such as TargetSmart
- Creative, innovative, analytical mindset and problem-solving skills as this isn’t a typical campaign
- Passion for the mission of increasing voter participation and turnout
- Leader, considerate colleague, no drama, sense of humor, flexibility, intangibles.
Salary: $87K annualized salary (negotiable based on experience)