What to know
The Blue State fellowship is a 6-month program designed to give you the skills, mentorship and hands-on client experiences to pursue a career at a creative agency, nonprofit, or political campaign–or to join Blue State’s staff as an associate employee.
As a fellow, you’ll develop expertise in a primary and a secondary focus area. This fellowship offers a primary focus in analytics, but you will also be able to pursue a complimentary secondary focus.
What to expect
Work with an inspiring mix of clients from advocacy groups to cultural institutions to big brands. As an Analytics Fellow, you will:
- Collect and analyze data to serve the needs of your client portfolio, including but not limited to: web traffic and user behavior, email messaging statistics, paid media performance, and social media trends.
- Maintain dashboards built in Google Sheets, Data Studio, and BigQuery.
- Learn to use CRMs like Every Action, Digital Tools, Luminate Online, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and Marketo to support colleagues and answer client questions.
- Transform your observations into insightful narratives and clear visualizations to inform the bigger strategy.
- Help develop persuasive presentations and memos demonstrating the value of our work for client teams.
What you’re looking for
- Purpose. Do meaningful work that matters.
- Growth. Jumpstart your career at a place that rewards curiosity and creative thinking, and offers the possibility of growing into a full-time role.
- Mentorship. Work with mentors who are invested in your success, providing continuous feedback and helping you grow the way you want.
- Diversity. Join a diverse, inclusive community made up of people from all walks of life and grounded in mutual respect, compassion, and learning.
- Versatility. Build up your skills in analytics while learning about a secondary area of focus.
- Teamwork. Become integrated into project teams from the start, working closely with and learning from teammates across disciplines — designers, developers, writers and many more.
The top things we’re looking for
- You have a strong interest in analytics, information architecture, or data science.
- You approach communication with empathy and respect. Teamwork and scrappiness required.
- A passion for cause-based work and promoting progressive values.
- Solid data analysis skills in Excel or Google Sheets. Experience with SQL, Python, or R preferred but not essential.
- You manage your time well and are excited to dive into multiple projects at once.
- You’d like to learn more about marketing, fundraising, advocacy, or web development.
- Some knowledge of statistical methods (significance testing, regression analysis, etc) preferred. If you’re interested but haven’t had the opportunity, we welcome those interested in learning as well!
Salary: Not Listed
Location: Wahsington, DC