The Alliance for Climate Education (ACE) exists to confront climate change as the most urgent crisis of our time, threatening the health of communities and ecosystems across the globe. ACE’s mission is to educate young people on the science of climate change and empower them to take action. Since our founding in 2008, ACE has educated over 3 million youth, grown our action network to 300,000 members, tracked over 1 million climate actions, and registered and turned out tens of thousands of first-time climate voters.
The Associate Digital Data Director is primarily responsible for managing ACE’s databases, CRM and analytics and bringing the information in them together to provide breakthrough insights that would power our outreach among students, teachers and young people at large.
- Translate data into dashboards, and visualizations to provide ongoing analysis and insights about our programs to various internal teams and funders.
- Support the testing and optimization analysis, reporting, and planning processes to help our team learn what works, what doesn’t, and how to establish current best practices.
- Design and implement table structures, relationships, integrations, and processes that capture and produce information to enable accurate decision making in our fundraising and digital engagement teams.
- Create, maintain and upload lists for various direct marketing efforts such as texting, tele-calling, direct mail, list swaps and online ads.
- Spot data anomalies and inaccuracies, take corrective and preventive measures and ensure process compliance with all stakeholders. Maintain our in-house data compliance tools and continually improve user experience.
- Learn, maintain and manage the web analytics on our various digital properties and build integrations with our existing databases.
- Produce fast and accurate data that feed into a budgeting and planning process.
- Respond to a range of priority data support requests from our marketing team.
- Manage data quality by working across our team and campaigns to make sure we have the best, cleanest, and most up-to-date information about our supporters and their actions (source codes, utm parameters, etc.)
- Data Administration
- Manage ACE’s CRM and data bases. Establish data norms to ensure accurate flows and work with team members to ensure compliance.
- Systems Integration
- Work with contractors and third party services to create a 360 degree view of our members and how they engage with us across our different properties.
- Maintain our web analytics and tracking properties so they are working well and providing the right information to optimize ads and other outreach methods.
- Dashboard, Reporting and Visualizations
- Bring together the data from different sources to create user friendly interactive dashboards/reports.
- Explore data and actively uncover and disseminate insights to teams.
- Compile standard monthly report for internal teams and funders.
The ideal candidate for this role will be excited to take on a challenge, self-motivated with oodles of initiative and persistence, and have the following experiences and skills sets:
- A minimum 2 years’ experience working with data related to fundraising or digital engagement.
- At least two years’ of in-depth experience working with e-campaigning tools like NGP/VAN, ActionKit, Engaging Networks or with large nonprofit databases like Salesforce NPSP or Raiser’s edge.
- Advanced Excel skills, including macros, pivot tables, nested formulas, and other amazing Excel secrets.
- A background writing and using SQL queries for data management and support, or ability to pick up the skill quickly.
- Demonstrates the curiosity to research/learn new tools and professional skills and stay on top of trends in data analytics.
- Has the ability to understand how an application is configured and its various downstream and upstream dependencies.
- Demonstrates excellent presentation and documentation skills
- Possesses strong analytical and communication skills
- Is passionate about climate justice and environmental protection
- We have no formal education requirements
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and using A/B testing platforms such as Optimizely or Google Optimize or willing to learn them.
- Schedule: Full-time position
- Salary Range: $65,000-$79,000 commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement savings plan, Vacation, Sick time and 11 observed holidays.
- ACE is an equal opportunity employer that highly values staff diversity
- Anticipated start date: Immediately
- Deadline: Open until filled
- Location: Remote (May require occasional travel once it is safe)
Salary: $65,000-$79,000 p.a. commensurate with experience