BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology for government, business, and campaigns. Founded in 2013 by senior members of the Obama for America re-election campaign team, we help our clients optimize their engagements with individual customers, supporters and stakeholders to achieve their goals.
Today, our team counts over 50 data scientists, engineers, and strategists from diverse backgrounds who share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. We’ve served more than 400 organizations ranging from political campaigns to advocacy groups, unions, government agencies, and international groups, as well as companies in the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and other industries. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach.
The BlueLabs Government Analytics practice revolutionizes the way government agencies use data to streamline operations, interact with citizens, and react to their biggest challenges. Our team develops deep expertise within the areas our clients care about most, then builds data analytics systems that create impact at scale. We work closely with internal government innovation groups, and build on the analytics methodology pioneered in e-commerce, advocacy, politics, and consumer finance.
You will work on a fast-paced, impact-driven project team charged with intelligently improving the operations powering the policies and programs that hundreds of millions of Americans interact with on a daily basis. Our work builds the frameworks and infrastructure that allows agencies to deal with big public health challenges. We bring definition to challenging problems, creatively identify data sources, then design analytics that accurately measure impact and move the needle every day. We work in changing, ambiguous environments, so we embrace nuance, inclusivity, and complexity to deliver programs that work for the diverse groups of individuals who rely on us.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about using data-driven solutions to improve social outcomes, and bring a multidisciplinary approach to doing so.
- You’re at your best flexing a variety of skills - whether its thinking strategically about how to develop an enduring process, digging deep into a complex data analysis, or putting yourself in the shoes of an end-user to answer a question they didn’t know they had - you’re comfortable thinking from a number of different perspectives
- You’re not afraid of messy data –and yet you also pull the emergency stop when something looks or feels wrong.
We’re not building a team for a day—this is a project for the long haul. More than anything else, we’re looking for people who are excited by our mission, love to create, are honest about what they know, fascinated by what they don’t, and relish the opportunity to work with people who value the same.
In this position you will:
- Analyze data from disparate data sources to distill human-centered operations and processes into meaningful insights
- Think strategically about data analysis and data management to create systematic methods of measuring performance across complex systems and technical implementations
- Develop KPIs and metrics that address root problems and develop compelling visualizations to allow clients to easily understand challenges and take a clear action
- Check, clean and transform incoming data for data pipelines
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, program managers and external stakeholders to troubleshoot problems and proactively create solutions.
- Strive to support team excellence by developing high quality documentation.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to deliver accurate products on short deadlines.
You probably have:
- Proficient understanding of how to manipulate data using SQL or Python.
- Proficiency in one or more general or statistical programming languages such as Python, Ruby or R – and/or interest in learning new ones.
- Experience going from insight to impact: Using the results of your analysis to tell a story through visualization, presentation, and writing.
- 2+ years of work experience working with structured/unstructured data
You may have:
- Experience consulting with clients on how to use data analysis to drive strategy
- Experience developing solutions that blend data-driven decision-making with thoughtful understanding of human-centered design/processes
- Proficiency in automating repeatable tasks.
- Experience creating informative and engaging data visualizations.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field or equivalent technical training.
Senior Data Analysts might additionally have:
- Experience interfacing with and presenting analyses to clients
- Experience creating complex, repeatable data pipelines that operate on millions of records
- Experience independently leading and developing data analyses or visualizations
- Experience planning project execution timelines and tying solutions back to key objectives
Data Analyst - $67,000/annually.
Sr Data Analyst - $75,000/annually.
Salary: 67k-75k annual
Location: Washington, District of Columbia