2024 Elections Assistant, Data
Global Strategy Group | Short-term
New York (NY)
Please note this position will not begin until January 2024.
Global Strategy Group (GSG) works at the intersection of business, politics, and causes. Our team is made up of a great group of professionals who come from various backgrounds in strategic communications, research, and public affairs. Our culture and values play an integral role in how we operate, and we work hard to bring passion, energy, and drive to everything we do! Global Strategy Group is the go-to public affairs, communications, and research partner for companies, causes, and campaigns. We work with our clients to build their reputations, tackle big challenges, and win.
Are you passionate about polling and politics? Do you have a knack for data and a keen eye for detail? If so, GSG is looking for you! We are seeking a Data Elections Assistant to help our team during the 2024 election cycle. Working alongside a highly accomplished team in a fast-paced environment, our Data Elections Assistant will be working on electoral and issue campaigns that are focused on the 2024 election.
- Identifying and collecting data needed to construct phone and online survey quota targets.
- Building models to ensure we are accurately targeting and weighting likely voters.
- Programming and testing online surveys.
- Overseeing fieldwork for online, text-to-web, and phone surveys.
- Weighting and processing survey data to produce toplines and crosstabs.
- Creating scripts and workflows to automate repeated data process tasks
- Building maps using GIS software
- Conducting background research
Technical skills should include…
- Experience with a programming language, such as Python, SQL, R, or C#
- Experience with large individual-level datasets, such as voter files, survey data, or consumer databases
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- High interest in political and issue advocacy research
- High comfort level with quantitative data and analysis
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills, as well as a proven ability to successfully juggle multiple assignments and work independently
- The flexibility and willingness to learn new techniques and methodologies
- Be extremely detail-oriented
- Have experience and comfort working with numbers and large datasets
- Be a motivated, responsible self-starter who is able to work with minimal direction
- Have experience with a programming language, such as R, Python, or SQL
- Comfortable with technology and learning new programs/systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Experience with online survey platforms, such as Decipher or Qualtrics, a plus
- Statistics coursework/background and knowledge of survey methodology and research
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
The base salary for this position is between $ 50,000 to $ 65,000 commensurate with experience. GSG provides a comprehensive benefits package including excellent coverage for medical, vision, and dental insurance; paid parental leave; generous time off and holidays; 401k with employer match; and additional benefits.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please send your information our way!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with why you want to be part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation to complete your online application or participate in the interview process, please reach out to or you may call (212) 260-8813 and ask to speak to someone in Human Resources – Talent Acquisition.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Global Strategy Group (GSG) is a full-service research, public affairs, and communications agency tackling some of today’s most complex and important challenges. With more than two and half decades of experience and a team of 150+ talented professionals, we protect and build corporate reputations, influence public affairs decision makers, advocate on important social issues, and win campaigns. We combine unparalleled subject matter expertise with data-driven insights and innovative methodologies to generate urgency among stakeholders and key audiences, delivering tangible success for our clients.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At GSG, we are distinguished by our depth of talent. Our people are team players, straight shooters, and problem solvers. We bring passion, energy, and drive to everything we do. This all comes from our closely held firm values, which have guided us since the day GSG opened its doors. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to our culture.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.