2024 Elections Assistant, Research
Global Strategy Group | Short-term
Please note this position will not begin until January 2024.
Global Strategy Group (GSG) works at the intersection of business, politics, and causes. Our team is made up of a great group of professionals who come from various backgrounds in strategic communications, research, and public affairs. Our culture and values play an integral role in how we operate, and we work hard to bring passion, energy, and drive to everything we do! Global Strategy Group is the go-to public affairs, communications, and research partner for companies, causes, and campaigns. We work with our clients to build their reputations, tackle big challenges, and win.
Global Strategy Group is looking to bring on an Elections Assistant for the Research practice to support the team from 2024 through the duration of the 2024 election cycle. Election assistants will be responsible for assisting with all phases of a research project, including supporting the development of questionnaires and qualitative guides, overseeing field work, and developing analyses.
Election Assistants are expected to work on multiple projects at any given time. Ideal candidates have a strong interest in political research with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Election Assistants should have strong attention to detail and be comfortable working with quantitative data.
- Work on political and issue advocacy research projects.
- Produce first draft analyses of research projects – both written analyses and visual PowerPoint presentations
- Ensure client deliverables are proofed, number checked, and error free.
- Assist in quality control of quantitative projects, including monitoring telephone surveys, testing online survey links, and reviewing partial data deliverables.
- Assist in day-to-day project management of research projects, including sending daily project updates, calculating telephone cost updates, updating qualitative recruits, and working with team members to drive projects forward.
- May assist with conducting background research and/or supporting the development of survey instruments, including questionnaires, qualitative guides, and qualitative screeners.
- May assist in moderating online discussion boards as needed.
- High interest in political and issue advocacy research
- Take pride in being extremely detail-oriented
- Strong organization skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Have experience and comfort working with numbers and large datasets
- Be a motivated, responsible, self-starter, able to work with minimal direction and take initiative on projects
- Demonstrate the ability to work efficiently
- Comfortable with technology and learning new programs/systems
- Proactive and ability to work independently
- Knowledge of polling, surveys and research methodology or work experience in these areas a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Experience working in Microsoft PowerPoint, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
The base salary for this position is between $ 50,000 to $ 65,000 commensurate with experience. GSG provides a comprehensive benefits package including excellent coverage for medical, vision, and dental insurance; paid parental leave; generous time off and holidays; 401k with employer match; and additional benefits.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please send your information our way!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with why you want to be part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation to complete your online application or participate in the interview process, please reach out to or you may call (212) 260-8813 and ask to speak to someone in Human Resources – Talent Acquisition.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Global Strategy Group (GSG) is a full-service research, public affairs, and communications agency tackling some of today’s most complex and important challenges. With more than two and half decades of experience and a team of 150+ talented professionals, we protect and build corporate reputations, influence public affairs decision makers, advocate on important social issues, and win campaigns. We combine unparalleled subject matter expertise with data-driven insights and innovative methodologies to generate urgency among stakeholders and key audiences, delivering tangible success for our clients.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At GSG, we are distinguished by our depth of talent. Our people are team players, straight shooters, and problem solvers. We bring passion, energy, and drive to everything we do. This all comes from our closely held firm values, which have guided us since the day GSG opened its doors. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to our culture.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.