The Climate Action Campaign Analytics Fellowship is a paid intern program designed to immerse its participants in the environmental advocacy field. Assignments vary and are designed to both support the campaign with its mission to support action on climate change and assist the fellow with their professional growth. This non-exempt position allows interaction with all of the campaign’s departments providing a wide breadth of experiences. As an integral part of the team, fellows will experience how public support is generated for action on climate, and how that shape results on a national level. We have a fellowship available in our Analytics department. CAC is based in Washington, D.C and this position will be remote.
The Analytics Fellowship will train predominantly with the assigned team completing tasks including but not limited to:
- Assisting with Campaign-wide metrics and reporting
- Provide support with the cleaning, analysis, and presentation of data
- Assisting the team with organizational duties including but not limited to data and record
- Attending internal meetings around CAC and community-wide climate advocacy efforts
- Completing other duties and tasks as they arise
Who You Are
A successful candidate has the following:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, R, SQL, Python, Tableau or other data analytics tools is useful but not required–training will be provided
- Experience with data entry and attention to detail (database management a plus)
- Excellent communicator and self-starter
- Interest in issue-organizing, advocacy or electoral campaigns is a plus, particularly within the environmental community
- Proficiency with scripts, and macros in Excel and Google Sheets (Data specific)
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to win the passage of ambitious federal climate policy that is centered on investment, standards, jobs, health, and justice. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/.
How to Apply
Please follow the link below to apply. Please be sure to include both a resume and a cover letter: https://climateactioncampaign.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk0xg2j?source=
The Fine Print
This position is a member of their specified team though will work closely with several other departments. You do not need to be based in Washington, DC to be considered for the fellowship. CAC staff are currently working in a hybrid set-up. COVID vaccinations are required for onsite work. Staff will work East Coast hours regardless of their location.
The paid fellowship program lasts for 13 weeks, with an ideal start date of August 21st, and fellows participate for 20 hours/week. Rate of Pay: $18.00 per hour, as an hourly non-exempt position. The Partnership Project requests that you structure your hours to attend departmental meetings.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.