Client Success Manager – MIG
Movement Infrastructure Working Group (MIG) is looking for an experienced Client Success Manager to manage client success and experience of the MIG’s new API for real-time sharing of data between the various tools used by movement groups and Democratic political campaigns. MIG is a project of the Democratic Data Exchange (DDx).
The MIG API will support new models of engagement and organizing and provide better metrics for organizers to execute the most responsive programs possible.
Reporting to the Executive Director of MIG, you will have the opportunity to ensure client success with the MIG API. You will be collaborating with the MIG Advisors, Product Manager, and key stakeholders in the ecosystem to ensure the product meets its intended user goals.
Please know that job candidates do not always meet 100% of the preferred qualifications. If much of this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply.
At DDx, we believe:
- Empathy is the most important part of being a team member
- Inclusivity builds stronger, more supportive teams
- Thoughtfulness is good for business and good for teamwork
- Mentorship is something everyone should be involved in
- A bias toward action is better than delaying for a perfect solution
Founded in 2019, the Democratic Data Exchange (DDx) is a for-profit company that aims to expand access to data within the Democratic and progressive ecosystem by facilitating the real-time blind exchange of program data across the ecosystem and providing easy-to-use tools to help clients accomplish their goals.
We believe that when Democratic and progressive data ecosystems have access to the most robust and complete pool of program data possible, they can increase the efficiency and effectiveness of their campaigns and organizing work, build long-term power in our communities, and win elections.
DDx is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
These core areas of responsibilities include estimations of the anticipated percentage of time spent in the role in each core area.
Client Relationship Engagement and Management (70%)
- Manage ongoing client relationships effectively and create a client relationship cadence (including feedback loops) to ensure a high level of client satisfaction and deep product adoption.
- Provide technical support to clients on using the product’s features. This may include new client onboarding, troubleshooting, and assistance with relationship management.
- Build and maintain internal dashboards to evaluate client success and feedback and create reports to advise the MIG team on potential client priorities.
- Discover and research prospective clients to introduce the MIG product. Assist in the client renewal process in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Execute client meetings and external stakeholder meetings as directed.
- Develop product training materials and the knowledge base for MIG, in collaboration with the Product Manager.
Strategic Collaboration (20%)
- Provide visibility, internal awareness, and advocacy regarding client health, drivers of attrition, and needs cross-departmentally, especially in collaboration with the Product Manager.
- Collaborate on marketing materials for external stakeholders.
- Participate in discussions on product requirements, engineering development timelines and needs, and political ecosystem context with user needs.
Industry Research (10%)
- Stay updated on the political technology ecosystem’s context and existing or new stakeholders.
- 3+ years of client-facing experience in a client success, support, account management, or sales role.
- Experience with using project management software (e.g. JIRA, Monday.com, Trello, GitHub Actions).
- Background in commuting complex, highly technical ideas into practical terminology for non-technical stakeholders and clients.
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to supporting client needs in the Democratic and progressive political space.
- Experience supporting customers in a sales, customer support, or customer success context.
- Experience maintaining a CRM.
- Electoral or non-electoral campaign experience or experience with political data and products.
- Experience with standard and/or recent political and campaign tech through email, peer-to-peer texting, fundraising platforms, relational organizing platforms, or NGP VAN.
- Creating product training materials and training clients on product use.
- Advising senior leadership on client needs and business solutions.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restriction.
- This is a remote position; anywhere in the US. DDx is a remote-first organization.
- While this position is remote, this role may require 15% travel. Expected travel may include the MIG team gathering in person for a few times per year in one location in the United States for retreats or in-depth collaborative opportunities. This would likely require travel and overnight stays in a location outside of one’s home location, though would be scheduled in advance to account for planning.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally
Salary and Benefits:
DDx offers a competitive compensation salary and benefits package, including:
- Company-paid healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees
- Matching 401(k) contributions up to 3%
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) policy
- 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents
- Other perks such as a generous holiday schedule and monthly team wellness days
The salary range for this position is $100,000-$125,000.
Hiring Process for This Role:
While there may be shifts to the hiring process, this is the anticipated hiring process’s steps for any candidates who advance from the application stage onwards:
- Phone Screening: A 30-minute audio-only initial interview with a team member
- First Round Interview: A 60-minute audio and video interview with a team member or multiple team members
- Final Round Interview: A 60-minute audio and video interview with a senior or executive team member
- Request for References: This will be a request for 3 professional references, one of which should be a previous direct supervisor