Data Services Manager
MissionWired | Remote | Permanent
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated, digital-first direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Animal Legal Defense Fund, Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while electing Democrats to office at every level.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: MissionWired is looking for a data services manager to join our data services team to manage movement and processing of data for our clients – supporting everything from electing Democrats to combating climate change throughout the world. In this role, you will work alongside our client services team to ensure the proper ingestion, extraction, segmentation, and automation of our client’s data.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Developing custom SQL scripts within client owned data warehouses, based on agency supplied marketing segmentation plans, (Civis Platform, SQL Server, BigQuery, etc.);
- Creating the applicable reporting required by the internal account team, and/or client, based on the data captured in the marketing segmentation plan;
- Extracting final data segments as CSV files from the data warehouse and posting them to the applicable file transfer system;
- Creating marketing campaigns, efforts, source codes, segments, packages, and/or panels within the client’s CRM;
- Ingesting datasets into the client’s CRM using built-in CRM tools, 3rd party ingestion tools and/or data warehouse connectors;
- Batching new fundraising gifts into the client’s CRM;
- Monitoring and maintaining the client’s warehouse ETL/ELT processes;
- Extracting data directly from the client’s CRM;
- Creating and maintaining automation workflows and processes within data warehouse platforms;
- Building custom integrations to ingest or extract data to/from different systems. I.e. Build a custom Python script that opens a SFTP connection, extracts a CSV file, converts the binary data into a dataframe and ingests the dataframe into a data warehouse table;
- Setting up version control in GitHub; and
- Creating and/or making updates to analytical dashboards, such as Tableau.
- 5+ years of experience developing tables, views, functions and scripts within data warehouse systems such as Civis Platform (Redshift), SQL Server, MySQL or BigQuery;
- 3+ years of advanced reading, writing and updating SQL statements in one of the following languages: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL or BigQuery;
- Experience managing data conversion, manipulation, cleansing, standardization, and reporting;
- Ability to collaborate on a team and delegate effectively as needed;
- Ability to maintain relationships and communicate clearly with technical and non-technical external clients
- Comfortability solving complex technical problems in a high volume environment
- Comfortability working independently as well as within and across teams;
- Impeccable ethical standards and professional presence;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage and prioritize short and long term goals; and
- Highly self-motivated and always looking for opportunities to make things better.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more fundraising CRM platforms such as Salesforce NPSP, Blackbaud CRM, NGP, EveryAction or Raiser’s Edge is highly preferred;
- 2+ years of experience working with fundraising direct marketing data;
- 2+ years of experience developing/managing data ETL/ELT in a modern data warehouse;
- Experience creating, updating and maintaining dashboards in Tableau, Klipfolio or PowerBI;
- Experience using version control tools, such as GitHub or BitBucket; and
- Marketing agency experience.
The salary floor for this role is $70,000 + per year, commensurate with experience.
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to collective bargaining.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.