Data & Training Coordinator
DATA AND TRAINING COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Data and Training Coordinator is responsible for working directly with partner organizations to support them in taking a data-driven approach to their civic engagement work. The ideal candidate will administer and expand NYCET’s suite of data and tools, while building relationships with partners to support them in implementing the use of those data and tools. The Data and Training Coordinator works in partnership with the other Data and Training Coordinator as part of the NYCET Data team and works at the direction of the Data Director. This position is currently hybrid and will require in person meetings and travel around the state.
Principal Responsibilities include:
Tools Administration & Maintenance
- Administering VAN, including but not limited to: building universes, matching and bulk uploading membership data, creating VAN committees and user accounts.
- Managing NYCET’s suite of digital tools that facilitate canvassing, relational organizing, phone banking and peer-to-peer text banking.
- Fulfilling partner requests submitted through NYCET’s help desk ticketing system. Examples of requests include: onboarding a partner to a new tool, loading a list or script to a platform, responding to data or tools related questions.
- Updating and cleaning data in VAN and NYCET servers as needed.
- Creating and maintaining data dashboards used for analysis.
Data Capacity Building
- Building relationships with partner organizations and staff through coaching, training and field support.
- Collaborating with members of the Data Team to design and facilitate trainings that support organizers in integrating data and tools into issue and policy based campaigns.
- Identifying opportunities to develop data and tools practitioners at partner organizations.
- Supporting regional collaboration and coalition building across the state in collaboration with the NYCET team.
- Supporting facilitation of Data in Organizing Institute and Youth Organizing Institute.
- Seeking out and learning new technical skills that will further the mission of the table, and assist in presenting data to partners in an accessible manner.
- At least one previous cycle organizing in political, nonprofit, labor, or community organization, either paid or unpaid required.
- Experience with the VAN (Voter Activation Network)/VoteBuilder or other civic engagement platforms) required.
- Familiarity with tools for outreach, such as phone banking, canvassing and peer to peer SMS platforms.
- Familiarity with common direct voter contact methods and tactics. Working knowledge of the structure of political and civic engagement campaigns.
- Experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Familiarity with SQL or other programming languages a plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to translate technical instructions into easy-to-follow language for non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity and record of success working with communities of color, women, low-income people, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically marginalized communities. Commitment to approaching the work in an inclusive and empathetic way.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $60,000-$65,000 annualized, commensurate with experience, qualifications and internal equity. Through NEO Philanthropy, this position is eligible for a full benefits package, including 100% medical coverage for the employee and 90% medical coverage for dependents; 100% coverage for vision, dental, life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability. NEO also offers a 401K retirement savings plan, Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Medical FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Employee Assistance Program, 12 paid holidays, and generous paid time off.
Basis: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
Location: Based in New York state, this position is currently hybrid and will require in person meetings and travel around the state
Reports To: Data Director
NEO Philanthropy and NYCET are an equal opportunity employer