Digital & Communications Intern
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking a Digital and Communications Intern for the fall 2023 semester. You will be responsible for writing and executing grassroots campaigns using fundraising, mobilization and communications tactics, and also collaborating to pioneer emerging technologies to achieve our ambitious goals for 2024. To succeed, you’ll need to be forward-thinking and relentlessly pursue excellence in all written communications.
- Write direct response and grassroots fundraising copy to reach supporters through email, social media posts, press releases and SMS.
- Collaborate to incorporate emerging technologies into our communication and fundraising strategies, helping us stay ahead of the curve in the digital landscape.
- Work closely with the messaging team on various projects.
- Propose ideas for messaging programs, and grassroots campaigns.
- Produce clean, professional user experiences on tight timelines, with coordination across our design and data teams.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the TDP’s mission.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; you should have an eagle-eye for typos and errors and have a deep understanding of how to inspire people to take action using the written word.
- You’re excited to use emerging technologies to push boundaries and modernize our approach to digital communications and fundraising.
- You’re flexible and adaptive; rapid response situations don’t phase you, you can innovate within situations that change on the fly, and you maintain a positive attitude through it all.
Start Date: September, 2023
Employment Type: Intern
Location: Austin, Texas
How to Apply:
Please click here and fill out this form to apply for this position.
The Texas Democratic Party is an equal-opportunity employer. Consistent with the Texas Democratic Party’s commitment to including groups historically underrepresented in the Texas Democratic Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, we strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the Texas Democratic Party.