The Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee is the only organization exclusively committed to winning Democratic majorities and building Democratic power in state legislatures across the country. The DLCC has been working with state legislative leaders for over two decades to invest strategically in state programs and build the Democratic Party from the ground up.
State legislatures pass most of the policies that affect Americans’ day-to-day lives, and flipping chambers from red to blue has an outsized impact on governing and public policy. Our Democratic legislatures are truly the last line of defense against Republicans’ extreme policies and a conservative Supreme Court. The DLCC is committed to building sustainable infrastructure in the states to win legislative seats and legislative chambers.
The DLCC compensates employees competitively and provides a very generous benefits package. We believe in work-life balance and understand that every employee has unique circumstances at home. We offer employees significant amounts of time off as well as flexible work options. We’re dedicated to treating one another with respect in the workplace, and prioritize racial equity and inclusion (REI) in our work with one another as well as with our stakeholders.
Digital Data Coordinator, or Manager
The Digital Data Coordinator, or Manager is a member of the DLCC’s Strategic Communications and Digital Department and is responsible for day-to-day management of the committee’s grassroots fundraising database.
A successful Digital Data Coordinator, or Manager will ensure that DLCC’s data is well-organized and that industry best practices for data hygiene are adhered to. In addition, the Digital Data Coordinator, or Manager will work with the digital team to target and segment email and SMS campaigns, design scientifically valid tests for optimization purposes, and produce ideas and copy for email campaigns and SMS mobilization programs to grow the committee’s grassroots fundraising.
The Digital Data Coordinator, or Manager reports to the Senior Director of Online Fundraising. The position is based in Washington, D.C., however due to the COVID-19 pandemic, working remotely is allowed through March 31, 2021.
The Digital Data Coordinator, or Manager is expected to model the values of the DLCC:
● Results Driven
Responsibilities for Coordinator
● Maintain the committee’s grassroots fundraising database.
● Oversee and catalogue newly acquired supporters from organic and paid list growth activities.
● Design and implement data hygiene procedures that adhere to industry best practices, including segmenting based on activity/inactivity and removing non-deliverable addresses.
● Ensure that email and SMS campaigns are targeted and segmented in accordance with the digital team’s strategic choices.
● Work with the digital team to design and execute scientifically valid tests with the goal of optimizing and improving our digital fundraising campaigns.
● Monitor and troubleshoot issues related to email delivery.
● Contribute to creative, strategy, and planning (short- and long-term) for fundraising and mobilization campaigns.
● Draft copy for email campaigns and SMS mobilization programs, as well as provide execution and quality assurance of products that are deployed.
● Assist with email and website production through the DLCC Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Content Management System platforms (CMS).
● Other duties as assigned, including some evening and weekend work during peak fundraising deadlines with the ability to take flexible leave.
Additional Responsibilities for Manager
● Work directly with fundraising and acquisition staff and consultants to provide ongoing analysis and insights into our fundraising program.
● Translate digital fundraising data into digestible forms including spreadsheets and visualizations.
● Create SQL queries that optimize the speed and performance of our primary CRM.
● The Digital Data Coordinator or Manager is an integral part of the ideation, creation, and execution of our grassroots fundraising programs at the DLCC.
● Assigned duties are managed and completed in a timely, detail-oriented, and consistent manner.
●The DLCC’s grassroots fundraising is supported by well-organized, dependable data infrastructure.
● 1-3 years experience in email fundraising or marketing, including managing large datasets in this field.
● Familiarity with CRMs like Action Network, Action Kit, or BSD; basic HTML knowledge.
● A strong interest in data-driven marketing and communications.
● Exceptional attention to detail.
● Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Willingness to learn and ask questions.
● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks accordingly.
Additional Qualifications for Manager
● More than 3 years’ experience in email fundraising or marketing, including experience managing large datasets in this field.
● Strong familiarity with SQL.
The DLCC is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to thrive at the DLCC.
The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All DLCC employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles at the DLCC that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. Applicants with questions about accommodations may request to speak with our ADA liaison, Ellie Collinson.
Essential functions of the role of Digital Data Coordinator, or Manager include:
● Working from a computer for long periods of time;
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also frequently be required to communicate using the telephone, email, and in person with stakeholders; and
● This position has less than 5% travel expectations and is eligible for flexible work hour arrangements.
How to Apply
Salary for Digital Data Coordinator is $50,000-$60,000 and salary for Digital Data Manager is $65,000-$75,000, commensurate with experience and qualification. The DLCC offers a generous benefit package, including:
● More than 25 days of paid time off, including for Federal holidays, time off around Federal holidays including the week between Christmas and New Year, vacation, sick, and personal days;
● Fully paid health/vision/dental insurance for the employee + spouse/partner + dependents;
● Up to 6% retirement employer contribution;
● Monthly use-it-or-lose-it $100 transit benefit for employees located in the DC region;
● Employer contribution of $500 to employee’s Flexible Spending Account, and opportunity to withhold pre-tax income for Dependent Care Account;
● Monthly $100 student loan payment benefit;
● Monthly $100 mobile phone reimbursement;
● and more.
To apply for this position, please complete an electronic application by November 30, 2020. The DLCC may review applications after this deadline in limited circumstances, however this is not a guarantee that your application will be considered if it is not submitted by November 30, 2020. Only complete applications through the application portal will be accepted. You must also include a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to be considered for this position. Please indicate in your cover letter whether you are applying for the Digital Data Coordinator or Digital Data Manager position. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for this position, they may request it in writing by emailing jobs(at)dlcc.org
. No calls please. Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis.
The DLCC is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DLCC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, marital status, family responsibilities, genetic information, or any other legally protected basis. The DLCC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.