Effective Date: September 1 or Fall Semester
Launched in 2020, Vot-ER has scaled rapidly over the last few years, now with 30,000 participating healthcare providers, over 700 hospitals, and a range of other partners. Our work in 2023 will lay the groundwork for what Vot-ER looks like for years to come.
Vot-ER has a robust paid internship program that helps undergraduates meet leaders in the fields of democracy and health, work with strong mentors, and build new skills. Note that this is a remote internship for undergraduate or graduate students.
We are looking to fill for various departments.
You have one (or more) of the following superpowers:
- Helping people and communities build plans and turn them into votes and power, especially in GA, FL, AZ, WI, MI, or NC
- Have experience organizing and leading outreach initiatives, including presentations, workshops, and training sessions to educate and mobilize target audiences.
- Enjoys staying informed about voting rights legislation, healthcare policies, and related issues.
- Research and analyze policy issues relevant to the organization’s mission and programs
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with partners, policy makers, and colleagues
- Volunteer experience in campaigns or nonprofit organizations, showcasing a commitment to civic engagement and community involvement.
- Proficiency in technology and digital tools, with the ability to leverage tech-savviness for organizing efforts, data management, or communication.
- Adaptability and willingness to engage in diverse tasks, supporting various aspects of the organizing team’s initiatives and contributing to the dynamic needs of the team.
How you enjoy showing up:
- Your professional goals or personal experiences have a strong link to either health, democracy, behavioral economics, policy, or politics (or more than one of these areas)
- You are self-directed and take initiative to find places where you can improve our work
- You enjoy being a part of a diverse team that has a strong sense of community
- You enjoy the fast pace of an innovative startup
- You are well-organized and respond in a timely manner on email, Slack, and text
This is a remote position