Fundraising Data Scientist
Biden for President | On-site | Short-term
Disclaimer: Progressive Data Jobs is not affiliated with any organization or campaign. We are not here to recommend any candidate nor to provide any opinions on the campaigns. This is a free and open resource, but if you are sharing this, please give us a hat tip. Thanks!
Overview:The Biden for President Campaign is seeking a Fundraising Data Scientist to optimize the Biden Campaign’s use of digital technologies and traditional outreach methods for voter communications, engagement, and fundraising. This person will combine statistical and programming skills with domain knowledge to create predictive models and other statistical tools and methodologies. This position reports directly to the Fundraising Analytics Lead.
- Utilize modeling techniques to support optimization, segmentation and projection work to maximize fundraising revenue across channels & identify high-potential acquisition for both fundraising and digital activism.
- Prepare and analyze datasets to extract meaningful campaign insights.
- Employ supervised and unsupervised learning techniques, along with other statistical methods, to solve complex optimization problems.
- Contribute to testing and experimentation design, infrastructure, and implementation.
- Contribute to broader methodological standards across the analytics team.
- Collaborate with analysts, data scientists, and engineers to produce deliverables.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-4+ years of experience applying data and advanced analytics tools in a commercial, political, or non-profit setting, with expertise in digital marketing, user segmentation, and online campaigns.
- 2 years using SQL professionally & fluency with modeling in Python or R.
- Familiarity with statistical methods and predictive analysis in service of real-world business challenges preferably in marketing analytics (ROI analysis, A/B testing, pricing or promotions, customer targeting, etc.)
- Experience with experimental design and power calculations.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, both in writing and verbally.
Additional Useful Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience using dbt.
- Experience with common Fundraising Analytics tools and platforms such as NGP, ActBlue, and Action Network.
- Experience volunteering or working in politics.
$90,000 – $110,000 a year
Biden for President requires all employees to be “up to date” on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the campaign’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR Department prior to reporting to an office location.
Biden for President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The campaign is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The campaign is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The campaign will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
All information provided to Biden for President must be accurate and truthful. In the event that any information on your resume or related materials are found to be untruthful, the campaign reserves the right to disregard applications or take immediate disciplinary action, up to and including termination, and also reserves the right to take legal action for related damages.
Accessibility Note: We invite all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you require any accommodation in the application process, you may request a reasonable accommodation.
Biden for President believes in the importance of privacy for all individuals and is committed to handling personal data responsibly and securely . This means being thoughtful about the data you share with us, how we use it, and how we protect it.