Polling and Analytics Coordinator
Priorities USA | Remote Possible | Short-term
District of Columbia (DC)
Priorities USA is a progressive advocacy organization focused on promoting the Biden-Harris agenda, ensuring Democratic victories in 2024, and supporting and improving the progressive movements’ use of digital advertising. We believe in an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
The Polling & Analytics Coordinator will be a critical player on the Priorities research and polling team by helping keep our biggest projects moving and then working closely with pollsters and internal stakeholders to distill the data down into actionable insights. This position will report to the Director of Polling & Analytics.
- Support administrative needs, such as scheduling, writing agendas, taking notes in and identifying follow up items from meetings
- Work with external consultants to ensure timely delivery of survey questionnaires, focus group guides, results and deliverables.
- Collect feedback from leadership and internal stakeholders to ensure research instruments meet the needs of our, and allies’, programs.
- Prepare and polish Polling products, including memos and powerpoints for leadership and external partners.
- Track and prioritize all incoming requests from other teams for Polling and Analytics.
- Facilitate communication across teams to ensure deadlines are met on both a short-term and long-term basis.
- Organize team files and preserve institutional memory as well as working with teammates to determine which insights are strategically relevant and should be shared across teams.
- Track and organize external polling to ensure we have a comprehensive understanding of the political landscape.
- Conduct analyses of polling data – both by reviewing toplines & presentations and coding/cleaning raw data.
- Write summaries of our and partners’ findings as needed.
- Extreme attention to detail and organization. You are adept at building spreadsheets, managing calendars, and proofreading.
- Ability to respond to emails and external requests quickly and professionally.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office/Google Office products, especially Powerpoint/Slides, Excel/Sheets, Word/Docs.
- An interest in progressive politics! And an understanding of, or desire to learn, the nuances of political campaigns.
- You are excited and want to learn more about polling, data science, programming and statistics.
- You can hit the ground running on projects with limited direction, solve problems independently, and respond well to constructive feedback.
- Ability to multitask and balance projects across a variety of skill sets and stakeholders.
- Professional Spanish proficiency. We conduct polls and focus groups in English and Spanish!
- Previous experience in an administrative role.
- Previous experience in political campaigns.
- Experience programming with SQL, R or Python.
- Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
This position will have the option of being remote or working out of Washington, DC where we have an office, with occasional travel as needed. The salary range for this position is $60,000-$70,000, but will be tailored to experience. Priorities USA’s competitive benefits package includes 100% of health care premium covered for the employee and 75% for dependents, a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with up to 3% employer match, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications should include a resume and cover letter. The hiring process for selected candidates will consist of a phone screen, at-home exercise (compensated), set of final round interviews, reference checks, and an applicant vet. Most processes will occur over 3-4 weeks with a target start date in mid-June 2023.