Research and Analytics Specialist
With 4 million members, Working America mobilizes working people who don’t have the benefit of a union at work to fight for good jobs and a fair economy. As the community affiliate of the AFL-CIO, we unite working people around a shared economic agenda.
The Research and Analytics Specialist supports strategic research and analysis for issue and electoral campaigns.
This is a fixed-term position with an expected end date of Nov. 8, 2024.
Reports to: Director, Research and Analytics
- Implement surveying strategy including writing questions, collecting data, conducting analysis, communicating findings, and contextualizing / solving biases in data collection methods;
- Identify trends and generate insights in quantitative and qualitative data; conduct analyses of both qualitative and quantitative data; and make recommendations based upon the results of analyses;
- Create and maintain data visualizations and dashboards (Excel/Google Sheets) to help identify trends and forecast possibilities, as well as communicate findings and recommendations to stakeholders across the campaign;
- Implement Working America’s clinical research activities to include campaign and project design and execution, in-cycle evaluations and adjustments; development of best practices, evaluation, and analysis;
- Contribute to the design of methodologies and approaches to collecting new data and segmenting existing data; identifying trends; developing and contextualizing insights in quantitative and qualitative data; and conducting analyses of both qualitative and quantitative data;
- Assist in the analysis and cataloguing of Working America’s clinical research activities to include project design and execution, development of best practices, evaluation, and analysis;
- Assist in the on-going maintenance and sharing of analytics learnings;
- Draft, write, edit and assist in the production of research products including reports, Power Points, summary memos, fact sheets, talking points, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years’ related work experience.
- The following skills are preferred, but not required:
- Experience in survey research or clinical research
- Experience building predictive models
- Working in statistical programs such as R, SPSS, or STATA
- Experience with community, advocacy, issue, labor or political organizing
- Enjoy working with numbers and eager to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in politically-sensitive and high- pressure environments and handle confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be able to work irregular and long hours
- Travel required to support research implementation
- Generous spirit towards teaching analytics
- Appreciation of the power and impact of each intervention, bringing thoroughness, insight, and honesty to interpretation of results
- Commitment to the usage of analytics to advance a working peoples agenda
- Washington, DC
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
Starting salary is $64,526. Includes medical insurance and 401(k) with employer contribution. Working America is an equal opportunity employer.
Working America is an equal opportunity employer. Working America is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, LGBTQIA and other non-conforming individuals, and individuals with disabilities.