RFP Schema Integration Data Architecture Consultant
MOVEON REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (Independent contractors and firms)
MoveOn is the largest rapid response political campaigning organization in the United States. We wield independent political power by bringing millions together to take action and mobilize for a just society where everyone can thrive.
For more than a generation, MoveOn has been the homebase for millions of people who refuse to accept the status quo and are moved to take action for progress. We have consistently been a bulwark against the radical right, channeling our voices to end wars, protect democracy, and advance justice for all.
Project title: Schema Integration and Data Architecture Consultant
Project begins: 06/26/2023
Project length: Until 12/31/2023 with extension possible. Any hours given in a scope of work are an estimate and MoveOn does not guarantee a specific number of hours to its contractors.
Project Overview: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Schema Integration Consultant to provide expert guidance and advice on the development and deployment of an integrated data architecture. The consultant will play a critical role in helping our organization streamline and optimize our data integration processes. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of data integration for building an operational data store and datawarehouse, be a quick learner, and have demonstrated experience solving complex data architecture problems.
RFP submission date: Please submit to by 06/23/2023 and put Schema Integration Consultant in the subject line.
Scope of work:
- Collaborate with an internal team of engineers, analysts, and end-users to advise the team on data processes from strategy to execution.
- Contribute to the design of information infrastructure and data management processes to move the organization towards a more sophisticated, comprehensive and robust data architecture.
- Provide guidance on optimizing the data environments to work most effectively and efficiently for the organization.
- Evaluate and recommend suitable transformation tools and methodologies.
- Advise on testing plans for deployment.
- Strong understanding of relational database systems, data modeling for both operational data stores and dimensional data warehouse models, and ETL processes on cloud data platforms like AWS.
- Proven experience in consulting on a similar role, with a track record of successful data integration projects.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Preferred: experience with subscription, membership, and donation systems
Works closely with: Analytics Engineer & Data warehouse Architect and Member Experience Analytics Director
The project manager will also work closely with key staff including tech and analytics departments
Proposal submissions: Please submit a resume and a proposal which includes the following information below:
Background: Name, title and contact information.
Experience: Tell us about your relevant experience. A resume may be submitted in lieu of this section if your relevant experience appears within your resume.
Approach: In two pages or less, pPlease tell us how you would approach the above scope of work.
Equity: Please explain whether and how your firm has advanced the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion within the firm, and state how that is reflected in the leadership ownership, and work of the firm. Please share how you will center equity in your work for this project.
Location: RFP is open to individuals/firms based in the contiguous U.S.
Cost and availability: Include an estimate for hourly rate or project rate in your proposal and any limitations on your availability.
References: Past clients (3) that MoveOn may reach out to as references, with contact info.
- MoveOn reserves the right to make an award without further discussion of the proposal submitted. Therefore, the proposal should be submitted initially on the most favorable terms that the vendor could propose. There will be no best-and-final-offer procedure. MoveOn does reserve the right to contact a vendor for clarification of its proposal.
- The vendor should be prepared to accept this request for proposal for incorporation into a contract resulting from this request for proposal. Contract negotiations may incorporate some or the vendor’s entire proposal. It is understood that the proposal will become a part of the official procurement file on this matter without obligation to MoveOn.
No obligation to contract
This request for proposal does not obligate MoveOn to contract for services specified herein.
Rejection of proposals
MoveOn reserves the right at its sole discretion to reject any and all proposals received without penalty and not to issue a contract as a result of this request for proposal.
The vendor will adopt and disseminate a policy that the vendor, in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected basis.