Senior Product Manager
Grow Progress is hiring a Senior Product Manager to help build cutting-edge persuasion technology for social good.
We’re looking for a visionary product leader who wants to help pioneer a new approach to persuasion: giving our customers the power to persuade more people based on how they think — not just how they look.
We have a small team, and we want to bring in an experienced product person who can help us level up. If you want to make a big social impact and grow your skill set by building products from the ground up, we hope you’ll apply.
Who We Are
We currently work with many of the biggest Democratic pollsters, marketing agencies, unions, and advocacy groups in the country. We help them tailor their messages to better resonate with target audiences, and then scientifically test their messages to maximize the number of people they persuade.
Our team is full of experienced campaigners, engineers, and data scientists who are obsessed with harnessing the power of evidence to make social good strategists more effective. We’re a bunch of ambitious, scrappy do-gooders who like to make each other laugh.
You’re a master collaborator who obsesses about solving customer problems. You are comfortable owning all aspects of the product life-cycle, and you enjoy being a leader among your peers. You’ve had successes and failures, and you’ve learned from both. You love a good process, but you love learning and iterating on it even more.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with design, engineering, data science, and other internal stakeholders to define, build, and ship successful products
- Collaboratively manage sprint planning efforts, our product backlog, and ensure on-time and high-quality releases
- Help to build and scale our product marketing, user research, and hypothesis-driven frameworks
What You’ll Bring:
- You have built and shipped tons of software, including brand-new products
- Tactical mastery of lean sprint planning and execution
- Successful track record working alongside designers, engineers, and customers
- Comfort with ambiguity and making difficult tradeoffs
- Data-driven decision making track record
- The ability to communicate insights to anyone, no matter their background
- Passionate about progressive change
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Bonus skills and experience:
- Academic familiarity with polling, political psychology, scientific experimentation, and/or political campaigns
- Technological experience with survey platforms, performance marketing, and/or ad testing
- A power user of ProductBoard
More About Grow Progress
Our culture is fun, fast-paced, and focused on evidence. We aim to cultivate an environment where creative hypotheses and evidence drive our decisions rather than just anecdotes, and where everyone feels comfortable contributing ideas — even if it’s on a topic outside of their expertise. We work hard to get smarter together by giving each other feedback that’s direct, actionable, and respectful. We’re deeply motivated by the work we do and committed to using this technology ethically, so we’re looking for teammates who feel the same way.
We believe that inclusion and equity are the keys to a better future. We center these issues by creating accessible and affordable products, building transparency across our company, and partnering with campaigns, causes, and companies who make the world a better place.
We strive to foster belonging and empowerment at work and we continuously examine our efforts through our Growing Progress DEI&B working group. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and experiences. Our goal is to create a workplace where every person feels supported and encouraged to thrive.
We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. Qualified people of any race, ethnicity, culture, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, social class, marital status, religion, veteran status, or disability status are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $110,000-$125,000, plus equity in a fast-growing startup. Benefits include a company health plan with medical, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible PTO plan, and a 401(k) with employer matching, among others.
Location: Washington DC, New Orleans, or Remote
To Apply: Fill out the form at the link. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Please note that if you email your resume to our team directly or apply through a different site rather than applying on our job site, you may not be considered for the position. No recruiters, please.