VAN Assistant Intern
The Texas Democratic Party is currently seeking applications for a VAN Assistant Intern. In this position interns will learn about how the party functions, assist in the management of the backend of political data, and help ensure Democrats across Texas have everything they need to win elections. The VAN assistant intern will report directly to the VAN manager throughout Fall 2023. Exceptional candidates may have previous experience working with VAN but we welcome applications from anyone with a can-do-attitude and a willingness to learn.
- VAN (Voter Activation Network) is the principal data management tool utilized by Democratic campaigns across the country. The Texas Democratic Party runs a support team to aid partners in using this tool effectively. Assisting with answering questions and providing training will be an important part of this role.
- Overseeing VAN account requests and creation with the guidance of the VAN Manager
- Additional duties as assigned by VAN Manager
- Create survey questions that campaigns use to better understand the electorate
- Process VAN forms/payments from various campaigns
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience explaining technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An absolute commitment to working at the Texas Democratic Party
- Political or electoral experience, including having volunteered with campaigns
- Familiarity with VAN/MiniVAN
- Experience with a customer service ticketing system such as helpdesk
- Passion to learn
Start Date: September 2023
Employment Type: Intern
Location: Austin, Texas
How to Apply:
Please click here and fill out this form to apply for this position.
The Texas Democratic Party is an equal-opportunity employer. Consistent with the Texas Democratic Party’s commitment to including groups historically underrepresented in the Texas Democratic Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, we strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the Texas Democratic Party.