Analyst, 2024 Cycle
Change Research provides polling and strategy to organizations that share our vision for a more humane, scientific, and just world. Innovation is at our core. We are a data science-first public opinion research company. Our responsive and dynamic methodology ensures we can reach representative samples and allows us to hone in on particular populations for insightful feedback. Today, we are developing AI and tech tools to better collect, understand, and predict public opinion.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace, as well as the strengths that different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives bring to our team. We strongly encourage women, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQ people, veterans, people living with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations to apply.
This is a full-time, remote, and temporary (through November 2024) position reporting to a Lead Analyst in our Politics & Advocacy Business Unit. In this job, you will design and execute research projects and programs incorporating qualitative and quantitative research. Strong candidates have a keen interest in politics and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with aggressive attention to detail. In this role you will:
- Conduct research on behalf of forward-thinking candidates and causes
- Use research to develop survey questionnaires collaboratively with colleagues and clients
- Collect data on political districts, candidates, and issues through our dynamic online polling process, ensuring a representative sample through collection methods and weighting
- Analyze the results of polls to guide clients with actionable insights, messaging, and targets for their campaigns and broader research questions
- Prepare presentations and reports, and present findings to clients in writing and at virtual meetings
You will have the opportunity to gauge public opinion in many different ways with our fast-paced, scientific approach to polling. This is an ideal position for someone who is experienced in political or social science research, is well versed in technology, and wants to work hard in pursuit of a good cause.
In your work, you are:
- Well versed in the language of data and campaign communications and with 1-5 years of experience in political research or closely related fields
- Comfortable presenting to clients and able to explain data and numbers in plain English
- Comfortable in the language of data and persuasive communications
- Comfortable with a tech-forward approach to your work and are proficient in Excel (it’s not required but bonus points if you have SQL proficiency and familiarity with Python and/or R)
- Extremely rigorous in your attention to data details and analytics
- Self-motivated and adept at working independently
- Highly organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects moving forward at the same time
On a team, you are:
- Startup-minded: you plug holes, get things done, and think of ways to improve systems
- Calm and collected in the face of deadlines
- Able to communicate your ideas to peers and managers, and be receptive to feedback
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Able to work some evenings and weekends in support of critical client electoral polling
- Excited to be part of a kind and hard-working team committed to making a difference in our country’s future
Compensation and Work Environment:
The monthly salary range is $5,750 to $6,500, commensurate with experience, and includes these benefits:
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off, sick days, and company holidays
- Access to pre-tax 401K program
- Fully remote work environment
This is a temporary position through December 1, 2024. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Click the “Apply” link below to submit a resume and to answer to a few questions. If your resume is selected, the process includes:
- Preliminary phone or video interview: Approx. 15-30 min
- Video interview: Approx. 30 min
- At-home exercise: Approx. 1 hr 30 min
- Additional video interviews with manager(s): Approx. 1 hr
- Reference Checks: We may do reference checks earlier in the process
Our application deadline is February 16, 2024, and we will review applicants on a rolling basis. The application process may close before this deadline. We are seeking to fill this position by March 1, 2024.
Change Research is committed to creating an accessible application and interview process. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact us at with the subject line: Accommodation Request, or respond to our interview email with your request for a reasonable accommodation.