For Democratic campaigns and socially responsible organizations who need a data-driven approach that best supports them in winning close races or solving difficult problems, Clarity Campaign Labs (claritycampaigns.com) provides customized polling, analytics, and strategy solutions. Rather than a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach, Clarity believes tailored strategies, grounded in real-world application, give our clients the advantage they need to understand whose opinions and behaviors they can change, and what they need to do to win. We founded Clarity in 2012, bringing together a diverse set of individuals with decades of political campaign strategy, data, and analytics experience. Our team has worked on hundreds of races across the country, from the historic Obama for America campaign to Governor, Senate, and Congressional elections to local issue advocacy campaigns, and everything in between.
We are looking for both entry-level and more experienced individuals with strong development and programming skills. This position will help develop both internal and externally facing tools that have been used by the Biden campaign, DSCC, DCCC, DGA and many other Democratic organizations. This position is based in Washington, DC, but remote options are available. Temporarily during the pandemic, all operations are remote.
● Work with our team developing internal tools and client facing web applications and dashboards
● Responsible for maintaining and enhancing our other web-based tools
● Assist with database design and some system administration
● Plan and develop new software products
● One to 5+ years of professional software development experience with either R, PHP, or Python; but a willingness to use and learn new languages best suited for the specific project
● Experience with relational databases, such as MySQL/MariaDB, BigQuery, or PostgreSQL
● Diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving
● Ability to manage several tasks and projects concurrently and to prioritize effectively
● Must be a self-starter and willing to work long, irregular hours as needed
● A strong commitment to progressive and charitable causes is a must
Things That We’d Love to See
● Experience with web development, preferably with PHP frameworks (Laravel, Phalcon, Cake, etc,) JQuery, and progressive web frameworks such as Vue.JS.
● Experience with Shiny and development of R packages
● Experience with AWS
● Knowledge of machine learning techniques
● Interest in data visualization techniques and design
● Programmatic experience with GIS and statistical software, especially with either R, or for the web, such as Leaflet/Mapbox/etc
● Past experience working with political campaigns or nonprofits
Salary ranges from $65k to $100k depending on experience and location. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as 401K matching.