Remote, Remote Possible, Multiple Locations
Beloved Community is hiring a Data Analyst. At Beloved Community we take data seriously. In order to foster a truly equitable world, we must record, track and evaluate both qualitative and quantitative information that helps to inform and amplify equity trends over time.
The Data Analyst is a total data nerd who is able to explain predictive analytics to our program staff as well as make data digestible to any audience. The Data Analyst will identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets. Your work will further our reporting and analysis capabilities for internal and external needs. You will collaborate in the strategic development of our Equity Audit Tool Suite and execute on building quantitative and qualitative analyses and reports.
You will conduct full lifecycle analyses to include new data requirements, activities and design. You will bring to the team a statistical and analytical expertise in our internal evaluation practices against our theory of change and our logic model. In addition to measuring our DEI impact and evaluating our progress towards our short and long term goals, you will design and produce data visualizations and analyses for our clients and partners.
Though remote, we provide a collaborative and interactive team that demands flexibility and constant communication while encouraging individual ideation and approach.
What You Bring
- You are committed to interrogating neutrality and white supremacist structures in data practices. You routinely ask how data collection and analysis can be improved to be more inclusive and equitable.
- You are fluent in SPSS software. You will be cleaning and managing the data we have and building robust and interactive reports.
- You are a communicator. You have the ability to translate statistical data analysis into non-technical language for internal & external audiences.
- You find patterns in complexity. You will identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- You are a technical expert. You have technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques. You can conduct analyses for quantitative and qualitative measurements.
- You are highly collaborative. We are an extremely small team, so expect to manage your own arena but also spend an equal amount of time collaborating with all the other departments within Beloved.
- You are clear about your growth areas. You’re not afraid to communicate your areas of development or ask for support. You value accuracy and transparency in your work.
- Expertise in Information Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or Computer Science.
- Highly proficient and knowledgeable in the use of Qualtrics, Tableau, Dedoose, SPSS, other data collection and analysis software.
- The ability to embed organizational values and an equity lens into data practices.
- Self-awareness about personal identities as well as knowledge of anti-bias and anti-racism frameworks and how they impact reporting and data storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse personalities, and the wide variety of professional backgrounds and experiences we hold.
- An enthusiastic approach to problem prediction and problem solving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Equity Audit Tool Suite
- You will produce deep-dive reports and support Equity Audit debriefs for our clients.
- You will define new data collection and analysis processes for our Equity Audit Tool Suite.
- You will take part in the streamlining and development of our SaaS tool.
- You will collaborate with programmers, engineers, and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
Internal and External Reporting
- You will generate Tableau reports and dashboards for internal as well as external clients.
- You will identify and collect public and comp data sets.
- You will support data entry, management and analysis needs across our Beloved Community teams.
- You will demonstrate the significance of your work in the context of local, national, and global trends that impact both our organization and industry.
- You will create the appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of our data analysis process.
- You will clean and analyze client data for deep dive projects.
- You will lead the technical integration of multiple data systems.
- You will mine data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganize in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
- You will uncover trends and patterns that are valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.