Fireside Campaigns is a values-first firm that integrates public relations, digital strategy, and data-driven analytics to create full service communications for movement partners. Fireside is seeking a Data Analytics Intern for the Spring 2021 semester who is eager to leverage statistics to provide strategic guidance and run effective campaigns.
The firm supports exciting candidates and non-profit clients who are working to reform and safeguard America’s democracy while challenging the Trump administration and its collaborators across all issue areas and on every communications platform. You can read more about us and some of our clients on our website.
Fireside Campaigns works to transform our country into one that truly lives by the best values that it professes. We’ve personally expressed our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion through our work on behalf of progressive clients and movement partners since the day we were founded. We understand that we’ve sometimes fallen way short of ensuring that same diversity within the ranks of our own firm and are actively seeking to remedy it. That is why we are redoubling our commitment to promoting racial equity inside our organization, its operations and its management processes. We want Fireside to be a place where everyone feels welcome, everyone has an environment where they can feel confident and safe and where everyone can succeed.
That is why equal employment opportunity is a guiding principle for us. We are committed to ensuring a workplace where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative self-starter who is excited to learn and apply data analytics for progressive campaigns and organizations. You should have a passion for data and an attention to detail. You go to 538, The Election Project, or other sites to read polls and see where votes are at. You wonder how can the AP call elections with only 33% of the vote in. More than anything, you should be excited to work with our clients and learn from our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in data collection, data entry, and analysis for a variety of voting- and election-related projects
- Provide support with the cleaning, analysis, and presentation of data
- Brainstorm applications of data to support progressive candidates and advance progressive causes
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Committed to progressive values, causes, and politics
- Interested in data analytics and storytelling
- Enthusiastic about using data to advance progressive candidates and causes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, R, SQL, Python, Tableau or other data analytics tools is useful but not required–training will be provided
- Familiarity with VAN (voter database) is useful but not required–training will be provided
Additional skills that would be useful, but not required:
- Graphic design and data visualization
- Bilingual or multilingual
This position is salaried at $15 per hour.
At Fireside Campaigns, to ensure pay equity, all salaries are set in bands according to the expectations of the role. In other words, the starting pay for this job is equal to others at the same level throughout the company.
Location: Remote, anywhere in the US. We have an office in Washington, DC, but we are working from home due to the pandemic. When it is safe to do so, working in the DC office will be optional.