Head of Data Visualization Strategy and Engineering
Graphicacy, a design and interactive web development studio, is recruiting an entrepreneurial Head of Data Visualization Strategy and Engineering.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a leader with a passion for data visualization. They will be capable of both guiding our developers by setting technical and growth strategies, with a focus on innovative data visualization, while at the same time utilizing their own engineering skills to build and create cutting-edge interactives for Graphicacy’s clients.
We are a small team that works fast — as such, we want to work with people who are forward thinking, self-motivated and excited about new opportunities.
About the role:
- Lead by example by consistently pushing innovative solutions for a team of engineers; ensuring excellent and beautiful work.
- Maintain a pulse on cutting-edge data visualization and engineering trends.
- Take ownership of technical and development solutions to ensure delivery of superior products and solutions from technical discovery to production.
- Help manage a wide range of overlapping projects, including setting budgets, schedules and milestones to meet client timelines and deliverables.
- Recruit and retain a strong, diverse, entrepreneurial, and mission-driven team.
- Work with Graphicacy’s leadership team (Creative Director, Operations Director) to build and maintain working relationships with existing clients and strive to expand the universe of Graphicacy’s business and client base.
- 5-7 years of relevant data visualization experience, including but not limited to experience with visualizations and web-based interactives, geospatial, and/or visual story-telling.
- Passion for, and experience and interest in data visualization, information graphics and familiarity with a range of full-stack technologies. Graphicacy manages a range of projects built on Angular, Vue, and React.
- Experience managing and growing fast moving teams of full stack developers.
- Experience working with AWS/Azure/Google Cloud.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience communicating with designers and handling designer assets.
- A proven track record of innovating with an entrepreneurial business acumen.
- A knack for partnering and collaboration with colleagues and team leaders to improve business processes, systems and overall business operationalization.
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bonus: Any experience coding, managing and deploying large-scale interactive installations (museums, corporations, public spaces)
- Bonus: Any experience coding and/or managing AR/VR experiences
- Ideally located in New York or Washington, DC preferred, but other locations to be considered
Graphicacy is a data visualization and design studio based in Brooklyn, NY and Washington, DC. We offer clear graphic solutions that help clients tell complex, data-rich stories in visual form. In addition to offering services that meet the needs of specific projects, we are also committed to developing scalable products. To apply, send a resume and a cover letter to jobs [at] graphicacy [dot] com with “Head of Data Visualization Strategy and Engineering” in the subject line.