Party Building Data Manager
About the Party Building Data Manager
The Party Building Data Manager / Analyst will support the Senior Technology Strategist and the Membership, Organizing, and Radical Education (MORE) team with managing and strengthening the Working Families Party’s data systems and adoption of data-driven tools. They will also deliver strong reporting and visualizations that support the efficacy and scaled growth of fundraising and party building organizing efforts.
This is a full time temporary position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Triage and fulfill organizing and fundraising related data requests from various teams across the organization; identify recurring requests that can be turned into automation specs, coordinating with engineering staff to implement as needed.
- Collaborate with and train staff / volunteer leaders to effectively use WFP’s CRM, ensuring appropriate data inputs needed to measure success, and instill self-sufficiency in our users with a goal of reducing basic requests for lists and reporting.
- Create reports and visualizations tracking programmatic progress toward goals that provide actionable information to leadership spanning all departments.
- Ensure supporter and engagement data is cleaned, de-duplicated, and matched across all tools, creating a centralized, high-confidence view of a supporter’s activities.
- Establish activist and donor prospect list segmentation, enabling ongoing, timely follow-up with appropriate asks by organizers and fundraisers.
- Design and execute experiments and data science projects that optimize digital, fundraising and other organizing outcomes, with a special focus on significantly growing and improving the results of WFP’s broadcast SMS fundraising efforts.
- Lead monthly offline contribution reconciliation process which includes comparing EveryAction database to source data spreadsheets to ensure accuracy of check, wire, and securities income, ensuring appropriate allocation to staff solicitor and resolving any questions with finance, hosted project, or fundraising staff.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of database principles and proficiency with SQL.
- Experience with Civis and data visualization tools such as Periscope or Tableau, as well as experience designing powerful yet intuitive and attractive visualizations.
- Knowledge of basic programming principles and some experience with Python or JS.
- Have at least 1-2 years of political experience with 1 year in a data role.
- Familiar with tools such as VAN, ThruTalk, Spoke, Reach, etc.
- Curious, fearless learner and problem solver; can independently manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Comfortable proactively reaching out to, thought partnering, and negotiating with stakeholders across the broader organization, with the ability to be effective in an organization whose staff work all over the world.
What Else Should You Know
This position is a full time temporary position currently scheduled to end on December 24, 2021 with the possibility of extension depending on issue and electoral priorities and funding.
Location: The position is full-time and remotely based.
Salary: The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $60,000 and will be adjusted based on an internal equitable scale that takes into consideration years of experience, geographic location, and final job description. We also offer excellent benefits.
About Working Families Party
The Working Families Party is the progressive party for the multiracial working class, fighting for a nation that works for the many, not the few. Our People’s Charter spells out our roadmap to a nation that cares for all of us. We recruit, train, and support transformational candidates up and down the ballot — and run them to win.
The WFP is made up of individual and organizational members who come together to build a new political movement to change America.