Senior Research Strategist
Grow Progress makes persuasion radically more efficient and affordable for social good strategists, progressive activists, marketers, and brands.
Who We Are
- We’ve built powerful software that gives our customers unprecedented ability to run scientific message tests quickly and affordably, so they can identify the most effective messages. This capability powers campaigns, causes, and companies to make the world a better place. We currently work with many of the most prominent Democratic pollsters, marketing agencies, advocacy groups, and labor unions in the country.
- Grow Progress empowers our clients to persuade more people by tailoring their messages to what motivates their audience, their identities, and how they think. We help customers harness the latest persuasion science to create messages that are up to five times more effective than ads they didn’t test.
- We’re a team of experienced field organizers, campaigners, political researchers, and data scientists who are obsessed with harnessing the power of evidence to help our clients win hearts, minds, customers, and votes.
The Senior Research Strategist will lead client relationships and conduct basic data analyses, focused on supporting Grow Progress’s most complex and highest impact enterprise clients. This role will report to the EVP, Strategy and Research, and will work closely with the Client Success, Research Strategy, and Data Science departments, acting as a key team member across these critical teams.
While this position requires familiarity with statistics, it is not a technical position.
Who We’re Looking For
As part of our team, you will:
- Develop and manage a portfolio of enterprise clients (> $150k annual revenue)
- Proactively identify opportunities for clients to use our products in new ways or to answer emerging research questions
- Evangelize our tools with prospective and existing clients; upsell services and products
- Work with clients to develop large-scale research plans that take advantage of our platform and tools
- Empower clients by coaching them to use our tools independently
- Help clients analyze and interpret their results, conduct basic analyses to fulfill ad hoc requests
- Work closely with our Data Science and Product teams to ensure clients’ perspectives are reflected in our tools and roadmap
- Work closely with our Customer Success and Research Strategy teams to ensure consistent processes and provide surge capacity beyond enterprise clients
- Build institutional knowledge by documenting project best practices, lessons learned, etc.
You’ll bring the following skills and experience:
- Passion for and experience with campaigns, advocacy groups, research design, and public opinion research
- Knowledge of best practices in political science, psychology, sociology, or other related field
- 3-5 years of experience in statistical software or a programming language (e.g., R, Python, SQL)
- Strong quantitative and statistical analysis skills
- 3-5 years of experience managing client projects and accounts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in communicating quantitative results clearly to non-technical audiences
- Strong time management and organization skills, with the ability to handle multiple work streams and stakeholders with minimal supervision
- Proactive mindset, anticipating what will be needed rather than requiring direction
- US work authorization
- Progressive values and an interest in politics
You have some of the following bonus skills:
- Experience working in SaaS Customer Success environment with a track record of driving customer results
- Familiarity with online survey platforms, market research tools, or market research vendors
More About Grow Progress
Our culture is fun, fast-paced, and focused on evidence. We aim to cultivate an environment where creative hypotheses and evidence drive our decisions rather than just anecdotes, and where everyone feels comfortable contributing ideas — even if it’s on a topic outside of their expertise. We work hard to get smarter together by giving each other feedback that’s direct, actionable, and respectful. We’re deeply motivated by the work we do and we’re looking for teammates who feel the same way.
We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. Qualified people of any race, ethnicity, culture, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, social class, marital status, religion, veteran status, or disability status are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $100,000 – $115,000 annual salary commensurate with experience, plus equity. Company benefits include a company-sponsored health insurance plan (also dental and vision coverage), a flexible PTO plan, and a 401(k) with employer matching, among others.
Location: Washington, DC or Remote
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Please note that if you email your resume to our team directly or apply through a different site rather than applying on our job site, you may not be considered for the position. No recruiters, please.