Sr. Research Analyst
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action is seeking a full-time Senior Research Analyst.
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy and CPD Action (together, CPD/A) work to promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We currently work with more than 53 affiliates in 34 states and Puerto Rico, and build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. We are a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position
The Senior Research Analyst will join CPD/A’s strategic research team and collaborate closely with CPD/A’s Campaigns staff, as well as staff and members of our affiliates. The Senior Research Analyst will define and pursue the research questions that advance our campaigns, create research products that convey our arguments to key audiences, present research findings to both internal and external audiences, and be an excellent communicator and project manager. This role will develop and lead a range of high-quality research projects, including strategic campaign research, data gathering and analysis, and campaign materials (including reports and briefs for CPD/A and our affiliates). The Senior Research Analyst will work closely with the Director of Strategic Research to support fundraising opportunities and build organizational and network-wide research capacity.
CPD/A is currently involved in over 40 active campaigns and projects. Examples of recent research projects can be found on our website (populardemocracy.org/news/publications). The CPD/A Research team also supports researchers based at our affiliate organizations and runs a program to support the development of research capacity across our network.
- A minimum of six (6) years of work experience leading strategic research projects for organizing or policy campaigns;
- An aptitude for learning new issue areas and a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, accessible reports and other documents on short timelines;
- A demonstrated commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice;
- Excellent project management skills and a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple complex projects at a time;
- Experience co-conceiving and leading multi-stakeholder research projects and reports;
- Facility with quantitative analysis;
- Excellent research, writing, and analytic skills and a very strong attention to detail;
- A master’s degree in public policy, social sciences, or another relevant field preferred (but not in-lieu of applicable work experience).
Salary and Benefits
This is a union position. Salary will be determined according to a salary scale which takes into account years’ experience, location, job category, and other factors, but is expected to be $70,000-$80,000 and Category 2. The CBA is available here.
We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days per year, 10 sick days per year, 13 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample of which you are either the sole or primary author (approx. 5 pages) to our HiringThing Portal: https://cpd.hiringthing.com/jo…
Cover letters should address the reasons you are interested in the Senior Research Analyst position with the Center for Popular Democracy and how this position relates to your prior experience and future career goals.
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community.