Everytown for Gun Safety, the nation’s largest gun violence prevention advocacy group, is seeking a Data Manager. We are looking for a skilled communicator, technologist, and strategist to assist with supporting our growing portfolio of gun violence prevention programs. This person will help provide strategy and execution in state and national campaigns, along with a high-level of programmatic support and technical expertise to our staff and volunteers. This person should be a creative and mission-driven data practitioner who is ready to invest in building and maintaining the data and tool infrastructure needed to fight to end gun violence in this country.
- Administer aspects of Everytown’s suite of campaign, tracking, and outreach tools including, but not limited to: NGP-VAN, EveryAction, Scale to Win, Hubdialer, and Airtable. This includes monitoring the use of the systems to ensure compliance with Everytown data practices
- Offer thoughtful and speedy data and technology support to diverse teams with varying needs and levels of expertise
- Provide training for staff and volunteers on the strategic use of our outreach, data, and reporting tools, along with best practices for using them effectively
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support organizational goals
- Track, report on, and disseminate analysis of program results, membership contact, voter contact, online supporter outreach, and data relevant to various aspects of our work
- Manipulate voter, membership, volunteer, and other person level data
- Work with staff and volunteers to establish best practices and standards for data collection, acquisition, and preservation
- Provide strategic guidance on the best tactics and tools to achieve goals of the programs you’re assigned to support
- Upon assignment, manage needs and projects with vendors and consultants
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Note: This is a full-time, permanent position based in Washington, DC.
- Strong commitment to reducing and preventing gun violence
- Communication and relationship-building skills which include: the ability to communicate technical subjects to non–technical stakeholders, active listening, problem-solving, diplomacy, knowledge-sharing, teamwork, flexibility, patience and empathy
- Experience and enthusiasm to train, support and mentor people with a range of technical skills to be more confident users
- Experience as an Everyaction administrator for a campaign, committee, issue advocacy group, or political party
- Experience managing Scale to Win, GetThru, Hustle, or other movement technologies for person-to-person text messaging
- Advanced skills using Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Ability to manage several tasks or projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively while working independently or on a team
- Ability to create clear and professional reports that are easily understood and reproduced
- Awareness of personal gaps in knowledge, expertise and experience, as well as a desire fill in those gaps
- Moderate to advanced SQL skills is a plus
- Experience using advanced data management techniques, including using APIs and executing complex workflows is a plus
The annual salary range for this position is $67,500 to $70,000 per year. Everytown offers a generous benefits package including PTO, 401K Match, Education Assistance, health, vision, and dental insurance, and more.
About the Hiring Process
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will review and reach out to those who met the position requirements.
- Initial Interview: Candidates who move to the hiring process will be invited to participate in a 20-minute phone interview with a member of the data team.
- Skills Assessment: Candidates who advance to the next stage will be asked to complete a skills assessment and return it within 2 days.
- Team Interview: Candidates who advance to the next stage will meet with two or three other members of the hiring team for a 45 minute virtual interview.
- Final Interview: Candidates who advance to the final stage will meet with a member of Everytown’s Executive Leadership Team for a 30 minute virtual interview.
Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund (“Everytown for Gun Safety”) is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the nation with nearly ten million supporters, including parents, students, survivors, educators, gun owners, and Americans fighting for commonsense gun safety. Through victories in Congress, statehouses, corporate America, the courts, and town halls across the country, Everytown is helping change how Americans think about this public health threat. At the core of Everytown is Moms Demand Action, a grassroots movement of American mothers founded the day after the Sandy Hook tragedy, and Students Demand Action. Learn more at everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.