Data Science Intern
The Texas Democratic Party is currently seeking applications for a data science intern. In this role interns will learn about how data is used in politics, assist the party in its use of technology, and improve various programs. The data science intern will report directly to the data scientist, and will be a member of the Data team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about utilizing data effectively in order to help Democrats succeed in Texas.
- Write SQL to analyze data and build reports and dashboards in Looker Studio
- Design and execute projects for relevant analytical requests directed to the TDP Data Team
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of data deliverables, such as: partisanship & turnout modeling, data visualizations, and maintaining pipelines.
- Additional duties as assigned by the data scientist
- A willingness to learn technical skills on the job
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Some background in statistics, CS/CIT, or political data
Preferred Experience (a plus but not required):
- Political or electoral experience, including having volunteered with campaigns
- Comfort with technical skills such as SQL, data visualization, and/or working in a Google Cloud environment.
- Familiarity with Python, particularly for scientific computing
- Familiarity with GIS technologies
Start Date: September, 2023
Employment Type: Intern
Location: Austin, Texas
How to Apply:
Please click here and fill out this form to apply for this position.
The Texas Democratic Party is an equal-opportunity employer. Consistent with the Texas Democratic Party’s commitment to including groups historically underrepresented in the Texas Democratic Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, we strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the Texas Democratic Party.