Deputy Polling and Modeling Director
Position Summary: The DCCC is hiring a Deputy Polling and Modeling Director for the 2024 campaign cycle. They will help oversee the committee’s robust in-house polling operation; including helping develop, train, and advise staff; and partners on best practices of survey design, sampling, fielding, and weighting. This position will assist regional staff in their analysis and interpretation of internal and external polling data. They will also organize, aggregate and monitor relevant metrics derived from multiple data sources. Furthermore, they will manage vendors and logistics for the DCCC’s modeling programs and play a large role in the integration of polling data across multiple DCCC platforms. The anticipated start date for this position is January of 2024.
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit
- Manage aspects of internal polling and modeling program execution, including external polling, modeling, and phone vendors.
- Assist Regional staff with the polling process and guide their analysis of polling results.
- Maintain internal polling and modeling calendars and polling results reports.
- Ensure the highest level of accuracy in our reports and in data entry, through rigorous quality control measures.
- Collaborate with internal Data Operations team and external vendors on automation of polling data processing and storage of polling results.
- Support Polling and Modeling Director in national research planning and execution.
- Provide strategic guidance to the Analytics team and other departments based on findings from reports, analyses, and public data.
- At least 1 cycle, or 2 years, of polling experience is preferred.
- Well-versed in research design theory and methodology, preferably social science or market research surveys.
- Familiarity with web-based voter file tools, such as VAN or Catalist.
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills are preferred.
- Experience using SQL and/or familiarity with Python or R is a plus.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to assist in guiding large scale projects in a fast paced environment with multiple layers of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and select most important findings from data and then communicate results in understandable prose to a diverse, non-technical audience.
- Draws from team members’ strengths, empowering them to maximize their talents; contributes where needed to achieve and exceed goals; mentors and guides colleagues with regular feedback and recognition; clearly lays out vision and expectations to the team.
- Proactively fosters an inclusive atmosphere and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ability to demonstrate multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant and productive ways.
- Personal and professional commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with the ability to build relationships with staff at all levels.