Enterprise Client Success Manager
Grow Progress makes persuasion radically more efficient and affordable for social good strategists, progressive activists, marketers, and brands.
Who We Are
We’ve built powerful software that gives our customers unprecedented ability to run scientific message tests quickly and affordably, so they can identify the most effective messages. This capability powers campaigns, causes, and companies to make the world a better place. We currently work with many of the most prominent Democratic pollsters, marketing agencies, advocacy groups, and labor unions in the country.
Grow Progress empowers our clients to persuade more people by tailoring their messages to what motivates their audience, their identities, and how they think. We help customers harness the latest persuasion science to create messages that are up to five times more effective than ads they didn’t test.
We’re a team of experienced field organizers, campaigners, political researchers, and data scientists who are obsessed with harnessing the power of evidence to help our clients win hearts, minds, customers, and votes.
Your primary responsibility will be to serve our clients to drive adoption and growth of our software products. Our message testing technology is transformative and popular with customers but there is so much more we can do to help our customers better integrate it into their strategy and operations. You’ll develop an understanding of customer needs and processes, build relationships, and work directly with them to help them use our tools and recognize the value. You’ll work closely with our business development, data science, and project management teams to grow customer platform usage. You’ll ensure the voice of our customers is reflected in our priorities and our products.
Demand for our product and services has been growing quickly, so we expect there to be an opportunity for you to grow on the job and try new things. As a fast-growing startup, we have a variety of operational and client-facing needs where there’s additional opportunity for learning and for leadership.
We’re looking for an experienced CSM who wants to work closely with many of the most influential organizations in Democratic politics and social good advocacy to help them maximize the number of people they persuade in a critical year.
Who We’re Looking For
As part of our team, you will:
- Develop and manage a portfolio of enterprise clients, from onboarding to renewal
- Take an aggressive and growth-minded approach to serving our customers
- Promote the value of the product and upsell and cross sell services and products
- Conduct training and enablement sessions for customers, and support customers in setting up well-designed message testing experiments in our platform and help ensure our customers have a clear understanding of their results
- Work effectively across teams to meet customer needs
- Serve as the voice of the customer to advocate internally for customer needs, conduct customer interviews and deliver insights to our Product team
- Support our broader user base and client needs by covering our support email and collaborating on product marketing content
- Build institutional knowledge by documenting project best practices, pitfalls, etc.
- Everything else. It’s a startup!
You’ll bring the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years working in software Customer Success with a track record of driving customer results
- Passion for and experience with campaigns, advocacy groups, and survey research
- Experience managing complex client projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in communicating quantitative results clearly to non-technical audiences
- Strong time management and organization skills, with the ability to handle multiple work streams and stakeholders with minimal supervision
- Proactive mindset, anticipating what will be needed rather than requiring direction
- Enjoy switching contexts and juggling multiple projects across multiple disciplines
- US work authorization
- Progressive values and an interest in politics
You have some of the following bonus skills:
- Knowledge of best practices in political science or psychology
- Familiarity with online survey platforms, market research tools, or market research vendors
- Client success or account management experience with labor unions or other large organizations
- Dedicated cross-sell and upsell experience
More About Grow Progress
Our culture is fun, fast-paced, and focused on evidence. We aim to cultivate an environment where creative hypotheses and evidence drive our decisions rather than just anecdotes, and where everyone feels comfortable contributing ideas — even if it’s on a topic outside of their expertise. We work hard to get smarter together by giving each other feedback that’s direct, actionable, and respectful. We’re deeply motivated by the work we do and committed to using this technology ethically, so we’re looking for teammates who feel the same way.
We believe that inclusion and equity are the keys to a better future. We center these issues by creating accessible and affordable products, building transparency across our company, and partnering with campaigns, causes, and companies who make the world a better place.
We strive to foster belonging and empowerment at work and we continuously examine our efforts through our Growing Progress DEI&B working group. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and experiences. Our goal is to create a workplace where every person feels supported and encouraged to thrive.
We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. Qualified people of any race, ethnicity, culture, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, social class, marital status, religion, veteran status, or disability status are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $90,000 – $115,000 annual salary commensurate with experience, plus equity and bonus. Company benefits include a company-sponsored health insurance plan (also dental and vision coverage), a flexible PTO plan, and a 401(k) with employer matching, among others.
Location: Washington, DC or Remote
To Apply: Fill out the form at the link below. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Please note that if you email your resume to our team directly or apply through a different site rather than applying on our job site, you may not be considered for the position. No recruiters, please.