Membership Systems Manager Department: Data & Analytics
Membership Systems Manager
- Work with affiliates to configure and maintain Unionware databases.
- Coordinates with Unionware system updates and enhancements to databases.
- Manage and maintain the membership business rules and standard operating procedures in Affiliate based membership systems.
- Suggests ways to improve the department’s standard operating procedures based on process analysis, results based evaluations, and information gained from external sources to create data efficiencies.
- Manage the Membership systems team as they work closely with Operations and Development team to ensures quality assurance of the current Membership transmittal file processes, procedures and workflows.
- Works closely with affiliate staff to facilitate timely acquisition of member level data and will assist when possible in improving processes for affiliates.
- Coordinates the work of the Membership Systems team to ensure timely and accurate data processing.
- Coordinates and/or conducts training of staff tasked with data entry into Unionware systems and creates procedural documentation.
- Coordinates workflow, processes and project timelines for the Unionware National systems in junction with the Assistant Director of Operations and Development.
- Creates and monitors data dashboards to monitor metrics and demonstrate progress as it relates to the Unionware system requests.
- Works with affiliates to build templates to ingest data into Unionware systems.
- Monitors and assigns Unionware help tickets and provides accurate reports of ticket progress and status.
- Generate reports and provide information to other departments and affiliates as requested.
- Works to create data processes that will create greater data efficiencies.
- Works with Access databases and Excel data to cleanse and match complex membership data.
- Collaborates with the Field Data Team to coordinate data processes for ingestion into VAN committees.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a minimum of five (5) years experience in a large labor union, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Union structures and membership systems.
- Extensive knowledge of the Labor movement structure, mission and objectives.
- Experience with complex data cleansing projects.
- Experience with sophisticated databases and knowledge of input, select, sort, and output functions.
- Ability to define business requirements, relay and document such requirements, and streamline operational processes.
- Ability to plan, implement and complete multiple projects.
- Ability to research, analyze and prepare statistical and/or other reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage staff.
- Knowledge of technical data processing concepts.
- Ability to work closely with technical staff, is desirable.
- Extended work hours and travel may be required.